Yaroslav Chernyh: «our department is the shield against assets’ waste of the enterprise»
He was employed at «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» Ltd. two years ago, coming to Kalush from Mykolaiv- the city of shipbuilders. He finished there Mykola Arkas First Ukrainian Gymnasium, and graduated from Admiral Makarov National University of Shipbuilding. And it seemed so, that the graduator from this famous High School, which this year celebrated its 100th anniversary, had to build a new modern fleet of Ukraine, but Yaroslav Chernych- and that’s about this young specialist of petrochemical Company – chief of Internal Control Service of General Director Deputy on safety issues, suddenly took the decision to be a state official.
– I submitted a package of necessary documents to Mykolaiv municipal council, passed the exams, had undergone the interview and was accepted to this local self-government authority, – tells Yaroslav. – Here I firstly worked in the environmental department, then in the department of utility company and my last structural division at municipal council was the department of technical supervision. A huge practical experience, which I gained in that local authority, fulfilling a wide specter of duties and tasks of state official on different positions within almost four years, allowed me to say to myself that I had learnt a lot of new and can do it now skillfully.
But in the young age was the desire for something more like the state service, I strived further to move forward in another direction for new knowledge gaining and for continuation of my labor activity somewhere in more prestige occupation or at the enterprise with good reputation in Ukraine. That is why I entered Kiev National University of construction and architecture, where received the second magister diploma. And today I am a second year extra-mural student of magistracy of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas for specialty «Oil-gas pipelines and oil-gas storages».
– Did «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» Ltd., assist in this, because at the enterprise are acting and are financed programs for improvement of qualification of young specialists, getting the second education for necessary directions at Higher Schools of Ukraine, with which are concluded Agreements for cooperation?
– Certainly, I took use of such program. The enterprise pays for studies at the Higher School. For non-attendance of work place within session’s period, the salaries from workers are not deducted. Frankly to say, from three weeks of the last session I was at the university in Ivano-Frankivsk only a few days in order to pass all subjects, foreseen by the tests program. I could not do in another way, because my job at my position in «KARPATNAFTOCHIM», – has the priority. And it appeared so that during this period in our department a lot of important issues were accumulated, which had to be solved immediately and not from the distance.
Generally I’d like to mention, that at the enterprise is made a job on a very high level regarding the choice and preparation of young staff, assistance to the employees in their wish to study at High Schools and to improve the professional skills.
– Why have you chosen «KARPATNAFTOCHIM», and wanted to come to Kalush, submitted documents, to be interviewed and here, so far from your native sea-city Mykolaiv, to be employed?
– I have many friends in Ukraine, with whom I studied, got acquaintance and became friends. Some of them have already worked in Kalush at «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» and they told me about this enterprise and proposed to come to them, to see the town and main headquarters of this petrochemical complex. I took with me to this trip, just in case, documents about education and employment records book. And I was really impressed! I submitted documents to Human recourses department and had the interview. They proposed me a job. But later I had also to go to Kiev for interview in Supervisory Council of «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» Ltd. Apropos; I had gone through all these tests successfully. But to be honest, I was taking the decision to go to Kalush for a long time. Frankly, I don’t regret that I was employed in «KARPATNAFTOCHIM».
– But you did not become straight away a chief of the department?
– No. And at that time the department had another name – department of Internal Control and Tender Procedures. I worked there on the position of a leading specialist. But when at the enterprise was started the process of structural reorganization, staffing realignment, then the management of the Company entrusted me the position of a Department Chief of Internal Control. And exactly two years I hold this post.
– Whether during your leadership the Department of Internal Control had already brought the economic effect for «KARPATNAFTOCHIM»?
– I will not indicate concrete numbers, because this is a confidential information. That is why I can only say, that the team of internal control by its activity helped the management of the enterprise not to lose more than a dozen millions of UAH. And first of all it was possible to save this money due to timely detection of some failures, inaccuracies in one or the other calculating documents.
– And how did you settle down here, Yaroslav, where do you live, do you have the chance to visit your small motherland Mykolaiv?
– I mainly come home once per half a year during my vacations. Now I live in Ivano-Frankivsk. This is a wonderful city, like a town of Kalush too. Regarding the status of infrastructure and other aspects for comfortable life they could not be compared to Mykolaiv and other cities on the south of Ukraine. It’s visible, that here local authorities work more to satisfy the needs of the community. And I like Precarpathian in general.
Usually I can never come back home to Ivano-Frankivsk earlier than at 19 or 20 PM. Then I don’t even think about some cultural or other rest. But on Sundays in the morning I, as a rule, like to play football. I am also a fancier of billiard and a member of Ivano-Frankivsk Federation of this kind of sport. I play billiard with my colleagues. I may go like participant of the team of local Federation to Billiard Championship of Ukraine, which will be held in Uzhgorod.
–I want to wish you, Yaroslav success in work and professional growth.
– Thank you.
Was interviewed by Vasyl TKACHUK.