Mykhaylo Gavrylyshyn: «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» is not only a partner but also a supporter for city polyclinic»
In April, 16 the employees of remuneration and social programs department of «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» Ltd., made a charity event by supplying of 100 litres of antiseptic for hands disinfection to medical institutions of Kalush.
From this Company the disinfecting agent was obtained by Kalush city centre of primary health care service, Kalush ambulance of Ivano-Frankivsk regional council, infectious department of Kalush regional hospital and Kalush central regional hospital.
Head Doctor of Kalush municipal centre of PHC Mykhaylo Gavrylyshyn sincerely expressed thankfulness per phone conversation to the owners and management of «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» Ltd., that they in such anxious time do not forget about the city polyclinic and have found the possibility to provide the city polyclinic with antiseptic on charitable basis.
– For many years already we closely cooperate with the largest industrial enterprise of Kalush, – tells Mykhaylo Bogdanovych. – Our institution, so to speak, is a reliable medical subcontractor for «KARPATNAFTOCHIM», because employees of the enterprise regularly undergo medical investigation in polyclinic, as well as get necessary services of our staff at first-aid posts of the enterprise. Besides of that, Kalush petrochemists receive all required health services in our institution under the program of medical insurance. Individual specialists of Kalush municipal centre of PHC, that additionally fulfil the errands of the Insurance Company «PARASOL», render to the insured employees of «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» not only advice, but assist them in procurement of different medicine in drugstores, prescribed by a doctor, as well as in solution of problematic issues concerning the reimbursement of expenses in insured events, etc.
For city polyclinic «KARPTNAFTOCHIM» Ltd., is not only a partner but also a supporter in overcoming of several complicated obstacles in order to improve the material-technical resources of the institution. Thanks to the help of the above-mentioned enterprise in due time was purchased really necessary expensive medical equipment for the institution. Currently the urgent need exists in purchase of state-of-art 128-sectional computer tomograph. It costs 28 million hryvnias, but it’s worth this money. Such diagnostic device secures the making of investigations on a high level with getting of the best quality image at minimal radiation exposure on patients. With its help would be possible to simplify and to improve the diagnosis of diseases considerably, and this correspondingly will influence positively on the diseases treatment.
The computer tomograph, that is located at municipal polyclinic, has been already operating for 13 years and reached obsolescence. That is why we need the new diagnostic device, which, I hope, the Company «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» will materially help us to buy.
– From whom else, besides «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» Ltd., in the period of quarantine imposition and emergency situation in Ukraine because of coronavirus infection COVID-19 spreading, did the city polyclinic receive the charitable assistance?
– One entrepreneur, who asked not to be named, supplied to our institution 120 litres of alcohol, 20 litres of liquid soap, 50 litres of antiseptic for hands disinfection and some anti-epidemic means. We also received something at distribution of charitable assistance that came from a former mayor of Kalush and Minister Igor Nasalyk. From National service of health protection and specialized Ministry we absolutely received no help for prevention of coronavirus infection. They are of the opinion that Kalush municipal centre of PHC is not the medical institution, where ill persons with coronavirus are served, but in fact it’s not so. Our polyclinic will also not receive the surcharge from the state budget, promised by the government, for stimulation of medical staff, who directly serve and treat patients with coronavirus disease. To tell the truth, from municipal budget was allotted 1,7 million UAH for supplements to salaries of medical staff, involved in the fight with COVID-19. From this amount 110 thousand UAH was obtained by Kalush municipal centre PHC. That is why the work of some employees of our medical institution was also one time additionally rewarded by local government, and not by the state.
– In which mode is polyclinic working now?
– In normal, just like it was before quarantine – from 8.00 to 20.00. But only in one shift from 8.00 till 14.00 X-ray cabinet works, because it needs a constant disinfection. In general we make disinfection of polyclinic offices twice per day – in the morning and in the evening.
On weekends and holidays in our centre work only on-duty doctors.
– Is service provision limited in your medical institution because of coronavirus epidemic?
– Through mass media, internet and per communication with patients we try to explain people not to visit polyclinic without extra need, but first of all with any burning questions to apply to their family doctors. Doctors will estimate the situation and will give advice depending on specified incident. If required, they will visit patients who are at home.
And generally if there is not threat to life it’s not desirable for people to come to polyclinic, in order under conditions of coronavirus spreading not to get into trouble themselves, their families and other persons, including medical staff. However, our doctors accept everyday the patients with temperature in a dedicated separate office on the first floor of polyclinic. In polyclinic is also made the scheduled acceptance of persons with chronic illness, as well as doctors constantly give consultation to people with coronavirus and catarrhal symptoms as well as with other diseases per telephone. Sometimes it’s more than fifty calls from patients per day.
Moreover, at our institution are selected smears from throat and nose as well as the investigation of material by PCR method, which are sent for confirmation to regional virologist laboratory. Special mobile teams also arrive to homes to select smears for PCR analysis for COVID-19. But first of all people with high fever and corresponding symptoms of illness are subjected to such procedures.
Medical staff of Kalush centre of first medical service observe persons with acute respiratory diseases, make X-ray tests, urgent blood analyses for persons, suspected for infection СОVID-19; is also made the control for persons with coronavirus disease, who are already signed off the hospitals and are at self-isolation. A lot of job is made by our doctors, which is intangible for each ordinary person of Kalush or Kalush district.
– Are there for today persons of polyclinic, who are ill with СОVID-19?
– Unfortunately, we have already persons who are ill with coronavirus and other catarrhal diseases. Currently coronavirus was proved in three employees from a number of doctors and nurses. But there are some other cases which have not been proved by laboratory yet.
– Whether medical staff has not been decreased within quarantine period?
– The job was quitted by two doctors, three nurses and some junior nurses. In total eight employees left us. That is why exists the problem with staff in certain spheres of job in Kalush municipal centre of the first aid. But currently I am more worried by problem of transportation of some employees of polyclinic to work place and from work, and we can not solve this problem without assistance. A great number of junior medical personnel live in villages Verhnya, Zbora, Zavadka, Berezhnytsia, Zaviy, Grabivka, and it’s problematically for our staff to reach Kalush for their job. Drivers of busses that transport employees of operating industrial enterprises refuse to render them the service, and town authority at present did not respond to our problem.
Interview was made by Vasyl TKACHUK