Alexander Boletsky: «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» is a huge enterprise, where all segments play a key role in products output»
In particular the economy of Ivano-Frankivsk region as well as in total of Ukraine benefits greatly from the efficient operation in Kalush of the enterprise «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» Ltd that is a powerful and highly advanced economic complex, which produces petrochemical and chemical products.
This industrial enterprise is the only producer in Ukraine of ethylene, propylene, benzene, polyethylene, suspension polyvinylchloride and caustic soda. And especially in recent years constantly increases a share of «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» both in regional and in the national volume of produced and sold products not only at domestic market but also at the markets of Europe and of the whole world.
And it’s clear, that in order to secure a stable activity of the enterprise, to increase production volume, is necessary every day to maintain in proper condition the process equipment, to improve products output technologies as well as to take care for a high quality of products. How does a team of Kalush petrochemical workers manage to implement these targets? About this and about another we spoke with Alexander Boletsky-General Director Deputy on production matters of «KARPATNAFTOCHIM Ltd.
– As far as we know, in May was made cleaning of process equipment at the plants. How it affected the Units operation?
– Yes, in this month was in advance foreseen a planned shutdown of our main production facilities for process equipment cleaning. And practically only within five days we had managed to reach the anticipated results. During this short period of time a great scope of activities was fulfilled.
Among main activities I’d like to emphasize the performed cleaning and revision of heat-exchanging equipment at ethylene and polyethylene facilities. This provided the reliability of ethylene unit operation and the improvement of heat exchange process. And at vinyl chloride unit was made a cleaning of the condenser of propylene cooling station, sparger and gravity valves repair of oxychlorination reactor. This increased its productivity operation.
Process equipment of PVC-S plant had also been cleaned and a new bagging line of PVC packing in big bags was put in operation.
– Does a hot summer influence on process equipment operation?
– Certainly, a temperature of environment plays not last role for technologic process. Both heat and frost make the work with equipment difficult. This affects temperature of coolants, reaction activity, brings additional problems to the teams of production sectors in creation of proper conditions for substances storing, etc. However, employees of enterprise quickly and efficiently react on the climate change and provide stable and productive operation of the Units.
Considering hot summer this year, when plus temperature outside exceeded the mark 30 degrees, I’d like to sincerely thank the workers of our main technologic facilities that in overalls and often in gas masks scrupulously and, what is the most important, professionally performed their duties.
– At which loads are production facilities working now? Do they fulfil the scheduled plans of products output?
– Production facilities work at full loads, providing execution of products output and raw material processing plans. It’s hard to distinguish somebody separate among the teams, because KARPATNAFTOCHIM» is a huge enterprise, which works in a common process chain where all segments play a key role in products output. Even productivity decrease of one Unit will cause loads reduction in the whole enterprise.
– Which innovations were implemented recently in production subdivisions with the aim of technological processes improvement and quality increase of final products?
– Engineering and technical workers of «KARPATNAFTOCHIM» constantly work for existing technologies improvement. For instance recently was substituted process scheme of С6-С8/С9 cuts separation. This increased С6-С8 output and correspondingly output of such final products as benzene and pyrolysis resin.
Now at VC Unit is being tested the scheme of hydrogen supply to burners of EDC cracking furnaces. Due to this innovation will be possible to reach more effective use of energy resources.
– And what is the situation with products output at a new pilot plant of propylene oxide?
– Last Friday on the 6th of August was shipped a first lot of final propylene oxide to the consumers. This is the best evidence that the project was successfully implemented.
Within two years at this Unit was actually passed the path from idea to the output of qualitative final products.
– Independence Day of Ukraine is approaching. How will be the production facilities operation on this Holiday organized?
– We are always preparing to Holidays in advance. And Independence Day is not the exclusion. For ensuring of an interrupted operation of production facilities the authorized persons were nominated and were drawn up respective duty charts of managers at Holiday – August 24. And the whole process personnel that works in shifts during Holiday will perform its obligation of petrochemical products output, which is needed for economy of Ukraine and for partner enterprises.
Interviewed by Vasyl TKACHUK